Silver Collagen Wound Gel
Medical hydrolysate of Type I collagen with 1% silver oxide for veterinary use
SilvaKollagen Gel ® is indicated for: surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, first and second-degree burns, grafted wounds and donor sites, skin tears, abrasions, and lacerations.
Benefits of Use:
- 1% silver oxide as a preservative controls microbial growth within the gel.
- Provides a physiologically favorable environment that encourages wound healing. Maintains a moist wound environment.
- Supports natural autolysis by rehydrating and softening necrotic tissue and eschar thereby encouraging autolytic debridement.
- Silver collagen wound gel contains natural materials that contain the proteins and amino acids that constitute the major building blocks of normal skin and connective tissue.
- Conforms to any wound site.
- Biocompatible and biodegradable.
- Easy to handle and deliver.
- Absorbs wound exudate.
NOTE: Silver collagen wound gel will not stain the wound bed/skin. The product washes off the wound site easily.
For more information, contact Hymed at 610-865-9876.
“The effects of silver collagen on wound healing”
CollagenAG gel under a gauze dressing maintained the proper moist wound healing environment to permit repair significantly more rapidly than the untreated gauze control. Further, the 1.0% silver oxide formulation is effective in significantly reducing wound surface, gram positive, bacterial bioburden. More information is available upon request.
The information given herein is believed to be reliable. However, no guarantee is made or liability assumed. The Hymed Group Corporation does not know all of the uses to which its products may be utilized or the condition of use. Therefore, The Hymed Group Corporation makes no claims or warranty concerning the fitness or suitability of the product for a particular use or purpose other than those outlined.