Why use hyCURE®?
- What is hyCURE® and how does it differ from other collagen products?
hyCURE® is a collagen hydrolysate ingredient manufactured to proprietary specifications. With many patented uses, a spectrum of nineteen amino acids (building blocks) including hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, differentiate the ingredient and assist in wound healing, joint support and skin care applications. Other collagen materials require valuable time for the particles to break down into their amino acid structure to become effective for their intended use.
- Has hyCURE® been tested and supported by science and are there any substitutes available?
hyCURE® has been vigorously tested by scientists and clinicians. There is no generic substitute for hyCURE®.
- How safe is hyCURE® to use?
hyCURE® is very safe and effective to use, since introduced in 1996, hyCURE® has been recognized as a GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) ingredient based on safety and toxicity data as well as following cGMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes) in manufacturing various formulas. hyCURE® is biocompatible and biodegradable.
- What type collagen is hyCURE®?
hyCURE® is Type-I hydrolyzed collagen. Type-I collagen is the most abundant collagen in the human body, at more than 90%.
- Does hyCURE® produce consistent results?
Yes. hyCURE® has been manufactured within controlled specifications, thereby producing high-quality, consistent results when incorporated into a product formula.
- Does hyCURE® reduce pain?
Patients have reported a reduction in pain. hyCURE® forms a gel when in contact with the skin, and may help to occlude nerve endings that cause pain.
- Who should take hyCURE® and benefit from its use?
Everyone can safely take hyCURE® as it is GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe), unless an allergy to bovine products exists which is rare. hyCURE® offers a broad spectrum of amino acids that are conducive to healing connective tissue, muscle, tendons, bone and skin for overall body wellness.
- What is the origin of hyCURE®?
hyCURE® is bovine derived from selected herds.
- Is hyCURE® an ingredient for use in pet care formulas?
Yes, hyCURE® is for use by any animal species (including exotics) as a GRAS ingredient, and has been particularly useful in equine, dogs and cat products for joint support and wound care.
- What uses do research reports indicate for hydrolyzed collagen?
Hydrolyzed collagen has been a key ingredient in many joint support, skin care and wound healing formulas. Collagen provides the foundation for new cell growth necessary for healing in many applications.
- Do research reports indicate other uses for collagen hydrolysate polypeptides similar to hyCURE®?
Yes. Reports indicate that collagen hydrolysate polypeptides have been used as a tissue adhesive for suture replacement, to prevent postoperative adhesions, corneal shields, implants, hemostasis and injectible dermatological applications.
- Is hyCURE® easy to apply?
Yes. A collagen powder, hyCURE® conforms to any wound site. hyCURE® does not exhibit characteristic powder “fly-away” and has little odor compared to other collagens.
- Can hyCURE® be used on burns?
hyCURE® may be used on first and second degree burns. hyCURE® Gel is optimal for this application. Off label use on third degree burns is at the discretion of the practitioner, we have had positive feedback on use as such.
- Are there any special storage requirements?
No. It is recommended that hyCURE® be stored at room temperature. Extreme heat may affect viscosity, but will not affect product performance. Protect from freezing.
- Will hyCURE® aid in the maturation phase of wound healing?
Collagen accelerates tissue remodeling and assists in the reduction of scarring4.
- Why is hyCURE® so effective in joint support formulas, with results exceeding those of only Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate alone?
hyCURE® supplies nutritive protein aiding in tissue repair for joint support. It acts as a carrier for actives to start working in a rapid and synergistic manner, and replicates the human tissue/muscle foundation matrix.
- What are the features that favor hyCURE® as an optimal ingredient in topical and nutritional formulas?
- Natural to the body
- Amino Acid Structure
- Biocompatible and Biodegradable
- Very safe (recognized as GRAS), nontoxic, non-sensitizing
- In wound care, collagen acts as a mechanical barrier to infection and helps reduce scarring (through the formation of a gelatinous barrier)5.
- Collagen offers excellent hemostatic capabilities, chemotactic properties and excellent adhesion qualities6 useful to wound care.
- Coln D, Horton J, Order ME. “Evaluation of Hemostatic Agents in Experimental Splenic Lacerations,” Am J Surg 145:256-259, 1983.
- Borten M, Friedman EA. “Translaparoscopic Hemostasis with Microfibrillar Collagen in Lieu of Laparotomy,” J Repro Med 28:804-806, 1983.
- Stoop, JW. Paraplegia 8:177, 1970.
- De Vries HJ, Zeegelaar, JE. “Reduced wound contraction and scar formation in punch biopsy wounds. Native collagen dermal substitutes. A clinical study,” British Jour of Derm 132(5):690-697, 1995.
- Chvapil , M. Van Winkle Jr., W. AMedical and surgical applications of collagen,@ International Review of Connective Tissue Research 6:36, 1973.
- Ibid., 10,53,54.